Setting a new precedent in the synthesizer world
The HydraSynth takes its name from the serpent-like monster in Greek mythology. The Hydra is characterised by its three heads, with the HydraSynth features three oscillators. Taking after its namesake this powerful synthesizer feature a flexible sound engine that provides the perfect platform for complex sound design.
It features everything you could possibly need to create new and exciting sounds. From built-in, premium-grade effects to the five low-frequency oscillators and the modulation matrix; the HydraSynth gives you the tools to create whatever you like. It also features five DAHDSR envelopes with six stages for sculpting your sounds. You can even utilise macros to provide deep control over the engine for live performances and quick editing. It even features an onboard ribbon controller you can use for hands-on playing.
Three oscillators and wavemorphing sound design
The three oscillators provide you with a selection of 219 single cycle waveforms. This wide range of waveforms provides you with a highly versatile sound palette, allowing you to achieve virtually any sound you can imagine.
What sets the HydraSynth apart from other synthesizers is the wavemorphing capabilities. This unique technology is usefully reserved for synths with preset wave tables. Unlike conventional wavetable synths, the Hydra features a WAVELIST mode on oscillators 1 and 2. From here you can pick and choose up to 8 waves, from the onboard bank of 219. You can then arrange them in any order you one and morph from one waveform to another.
49-note polyphonic aftertouch keybed
The cutting-edge ASM Polytouch keybed not only features velocity and aftertouch, but it provides fully polyphonic aftertouch. This provides added expressivity, with the standard-sized keys allowing anyone to pick it up and play it with ease.
Built-in mixer and flexible filters
The three oscillators are routed into a mixer, alongside the Ring Modulator and Noise Generator. The mixer is the main hub for mixing levels and panning, with a balance control that allows you to blend the signal of each source when routed into filter 1 and 2. You can also set the filters to be parallel or series for added versatility.
- ASM Polytouch keybed – fully polyphonic aftertouch for fluid expressiveness
- Three oscillators with 219 single cycle waveforms
- Mutators – allows you to modulate, bend and sculpt oscillators 1 and 2
- FM-Linear – for making classic FM sounds. Choose multiple FM sources, including external inputs
- Wavestack™ – creates 5 copies of the incoming sound and allows you to set a detune amount
- Hard Sync – This gives you those classic hard sync sounds. Try hard syncing a morphing wavetable for some fun
- Pulse Width – This will pulse width modulate ANY input sound
- PW – Squeeze – This is a different form of pulse width mod that creates a smoother sound
- PW-ASM – this mode divides the incoming wave into 8 slices and allows you to set how much pulse width mod will happen in each section
- Harmonic Sweep – this will sweep the harmonics of the incoming sound
- Onboard mixer, noise generator and ring modulator
- First filter has 11 different filter models
- Second filter is 12dB per octave similar to a classic SEM filter
- Five low-frequency oscillators for monstrous bass generation
- 5 DAHDSR envelopes
- Modulation matrix with 32 user definable modulation routings and 155 modulation destinations
- Arpeggiator for generating melodic patterns
- Crisp OLED display providing visual feedback
- 256 custom-made factory presets from the best patch designers in the world
- Pre-effects and post-effects including delays and reverbs
- Keybed: PolyTouch Keybed with velocity and aftertouch
- Controller: 4 octave (67 cm, 26.4”) Ribbon controller
- Patches: 5 banks of 128 patch memories
- CV: CV gate input and outputs
- MIDI: MIDI In/Out/THRU
- Other Inputs: Expression pedal input, sustain pedal input
- USB: USB Port – supports USB MIDI In/Out
- Dimensions: 80 x 35 x 10.3 cm (31.5 x 13.78 x 4.05 inches)
- Weight: 10kg (22.05 lbs)
- Product Code: HYDRASYNTH